Garage Forum > Vehicle / Your Rigs > Trucks and 4x4's > 2007 Honda Ridgeline RTL

Old 05-05-2017, 10:27 PM   #21
Rusty
Forum Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 374 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Yep, go to a local Midas Muffler or Autozone Auto Parts (and many others). They will run the faulty codes, decipher for you, all for free.
Anything but a '95. You can buy a code reader on Amazon for about $50. I have both
OBD 1 and OBD 2.

Old 05-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #22
zannej
Senile Member

Liked 74 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 1421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Are you sure it's not just a bad 02 sensor? What exact code was turning the engine light on?
I have absolutely no idea. I just know that the check engine light was on and the Honda dealership was eager to say it needed the new catalytic converter. The place that sold it didn't know what was wrong but they were willing to fix it without charge once they figured it out-- if we'd been able to bring it back another day-- but it's 4 hours away from us.

Quote:
Yep, go to a local Midas Muffler or Autozone Auto Parts (and many others). They will run the faulty codes, decipher for you, all for free.
I think my bro took it to an Autozone before buying it but I don't know what the code said. Our friend moved from working at Autozone to O'Reilly's but they still have a computer checker thing there. Right now he's having a problem with the air conditioning. It wasn't working before he bought it but they fixed it at the sales place so it was working great but now it just went out again. It only blows hot air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Anything but a '95. You can buy a code reader on Amazon for about $50. I have both
OBD 1 and OBD 2.
Yeah. I remember my friend complaining that they don't have any that read '95 and he has a '95 chevy. My bro still needs to sell that hunk of junk 95 chevy he has sitting in front of the car port. We still need to get that thing fixed (the car port).
I'd like to get another one closer to the house that covers the sidewalk but my mother thinks it would look too ugly-- quite frankly, the house isn't all that pretty to begin with so I don't see why it would matter. LOL.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:15 AM   #23
Rusty
Forum Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 374 Times on 322 Posts
Likes Given: 104

No one seems to know why the OBD1 stopped at 94 and the OBD2 started with 96. I have a 95 and will drive it as/is until it quits. The dealer wants $100 just to scan it.
zannej Likes This 
Old 05-07-2017, 02:55 AM   #24
havasu
Garage Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 785 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 180

Speaking of Ridgeline, have you seen the 2017's? They look just like a pick up truck and no longer have the sloped sides. I kinda like it. How about you folks?

Old 05-07-2017, 05:38 AM   #25
zannej
Senile Member

Quote:
Speaking of Ridgeline, have you seen the 2017's? They look just like a pick up truck and no longer have the sloped sides. I kinda like it. How about you folks?
They look very pretty. They have the front that looks more like the Gen2 (or are they gen3?) CR-Vs. They have a lot of features I like-- including the flatter sides on the pickup bed. But I don't like the center console & shift mechanism and the trunk has less capacity than the Gen1. Considering that the trunk was the main selling point (although safety and how they handled on the road was also high on the list), I wouldn't want a smaller one. There are more options for tonneau covers though. But they still did not come with a locking tailgate so you'd have to go out and buy a pop&lock or DIY your own tailgate lock for it.
They already have some recalls with some mechanical issues from what I've heard. Problems with the keyless start ones not turning off when the button is pushed and things from what I recall.
On the ridgeline owners' Facebook page I saw an amusing post from someone. Her husband wanted a hard tri-fold tonneau cover and the wife pretended not to realize how awesome it was. Her husband apparently spent a lot of money on accessories and was going to wait on the tonneau cover. So the wife went ahead and bought it-- only she decided to play a little trick on him. She made a card with a picture of what was essentially a tarp for a cover. She wrote in how excited she was that the tarp came with it's own bag for storage and how she had ordered it for him since she knew he wanted a cover. She also wrote a very nice note on the other side of the card. She said her husband was very gracious about it, but that he would read a few words of the card then flip it back over to look at the picture. When they got home she showed him the real cover and he was ecstatic-- although he couldn't get over how she had pretended to be excited about the other one because it came with it's own bag. LOL.

Last edited by zannej; 05-07-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:13 PM   #26
zannej
Senile Member

So, because the dumbass didn't ever get in touch with anyone in the town where he got an illegible traffic ticket, he found out his license was suspended. He never received any notice in the mail about it, but the DMV told him when he went to register his truck.
He had previously tried calling to find out the information on how much the ticket was, how to pay it, when the court date was, etc but nobody ever answered the phone. He called for 3 hours today getting busy signals until someone finally answered. They told him they don't have an answering machine or call waiting. The lady who answered said all she does is answer phones and to call back next week when someone will be in who *might* be able to answer his questions.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:05 AM   #27
zannej
Senile Member

The instruction to call back on the next Monday turned out to not work because Monday was a holiday-- but Tuesday morning I called and got the info he needed and drove him there so he could pay his ticket and then off to the DMV so he could get his license reinstated. He had to hit the ATM because the little dinky station only took cash but the DMV only takes cards (and charges a 3% transaction fee) for reinstatement. But, he's got it taken care of. Good thing because he got pulled over the next day (well, at night) because his new headlight bulbs are too bright. Oncoming driver kept flashing highbeams and he flashed back but there was no visible difference to the driver-- who turned out to be a cop.
Turns out it was an old friend of my brother's from middle school so the guy was cool about it. Just said he needs to do something so the lights aren't that bright. Hoping there's a way he can adjust them.

But Honda did this weird thing where instead of having different bulbs or having bulbs that dim, they use the same bulbs for highbeam and lowbeam and there is some sort of deflector inside that moves to angle the light up more.

He's trying to figure out if adjusting the angle of the bulbs down more would help or if the deflector would nullify that.

These are the bulbs he got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JYC0NPG/

Old 06-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #28
zannej
Senile Member

He got the Punisher decal on the hood and little Punisher thingies on the center of the wheels.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:47 PM   #29
Chris
Administrator
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 1035 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 131

I bought a vinyl cutter to make decals like that one, I just need to learn how to use it.
zannej Likes This 
Old 06-17-2017, 07:44 PM   #30
zannej
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I bought a vinyl cutter to make decals like that one, I just need to learn how to use it.
That would be really cool. My bro had to buy the deal twice. I think it was $30 for it and the first time he was about to put it on and a huge gust of wind came through and made it fold up on itself and stick to itself so he couldn't get it untangled. Second one he had two friends help him with it and it still has some bubbles. It didn't turn out quite the way he'd hoped, but it still looks neat.

He wanted a black truck but he ended up with the grey but he loves it. He's very happy with how it handles the road. Too bad the headlights they have in it aren't like the new Gen2 Ridgeline headlights. Gen2 was the only truck that had headlights that passed muster on some test.

His tastes in decorations are different from mine. I fully admit I'm tacky enough to want to deck things out in chrome. LOL.