Garage Forum > General Topics > General Discussion > The "What did you do today thread"?

Help Support Garage Retreat by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #2791
Chris
Administrator
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 1074 Times on 965 Posts
Likes Given: 131

I lucked out on fencing here. I have six pastures, three have that fencing you see and two have the 5 row high tension wire for cows and one has 5 row barbed. I just need a couple more gates and I will be set.

zannej Likes This 
Old 06-16-2017, 02:49 AM   #2792
Rusty
Forum Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 426 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Got 3" of rain in an hour last night. Waiting for a similar storm tonight.

zannej Likes This 
Old 06-16-2017, 03:37 AM   #2793
oldognewtrick
Administrator
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 899 Times on 804 Posts
Likes Given: 408

We got it around 11 today, thanks Rusty for sending it our way.....
zannej Likes This 
Old 06-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #2794
Chris
Administrator
GR_ADMIN.png

Nice and sunny here with a high of 70 today.

Old 06-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #2795
havasu
Garage Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 804 Times on 721 Posts
Likes Given: 188

My A/C has been on all morning long. I'm not going to like my electrical bill this next month.

Old 06-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #2796
Chris
Administrator
GR_ADMIN.png

I might go kayaking today?

Old 06-16-2017, 05:06 PM   #2797
oldognewtrick
Administrator
GR_ADMIN.png

Liked 899 Times on 804 Posts
Likes Given: 408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I might go kayaking today?
I am real close to buying a 10' fishing kayak.

Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 PM   #2798
Rusty
Forum Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
My A/C has been on all morning long. I'm not going to like my electrical bill this next month.
Heat index 100 t0 105 today. Supposed to get hot tomorrow.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #2799
zannej
Senile Member

Liked 79 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I lucked out on fencing here. I have six pastures, three have that fencing you see and two have the 5 row high tension wire for cows and one has 5 row barbed. I just need a couple more gates and I will be set.
Excellent! The kind of fence pictured is very good. We put up that kind along with a piece of barbed wire (because our horse was a jerk and would push down on the top of the fence if we didn't) at the top. That's a lot of work on that fencing. I helped my father run about 900 linear ft of fencing out here. With those metal posts you can't just use the hog rins (U-nails). Have to get the metal wires with looped ends and use the looping tool and make sure you don't overdo it when you twist them and accidentally snap them (I did that a few times until I got the hang of it). But you probably already know that. LOL.

What kind of gates are you planning to get?

I've been trying to recover from the stupid stomach bug. I think my brother brought it home. He's been sick- sick enough that they had to send him home from work the other night. His boss wasn't happy about that, but he couldn't keep an employee that was throwing up so loudly the customers could hear it. He was particularly unnerved because the idiot boss had scheduled my brother as the ONLY employee there after 8pm. So, he would have had to get things out of the proofer, take the orders, answer phones, deal with dine-ins and wait tables, make the pizzas, put them in the oven, take them out of the oven, cut them, box them, put them in the warming bags, made sure they got to the right people, filled drinks, and at the end of the day he would have had to tally up the money, close out the register, sweep & mop the floors, break down the make table, wash all of the dishes, prepare the dough and pans for the next day, put them in the proofer, and close the place up. Basically it's a 5 person job and he was expected to do it alone for the next several hours (the place closed at 10 but dine-ins often stay an hour past closing and then it takes a few hours of clean-up after closing sometimes). As it was, the boss had to call in 2 employees to cover for him for the rest of his shift.

Meanwhile, I've decided to stop taking care of my brother's dog. I'd been giving him heartworm medicine and so forth, but my mother told him he either needs to keep the dog tethered at all times or he needs to re-home him but he's refused to do either. So, I'm just done taking care of the dog for him. It attacks the other dogs and has injured me a few times from knocking me down and it just isn't my responsibility. I already have the elderly dog that can barely walk to take care of. I had to actually carry her in to the vet's office yesterday and they had to carry her to the back to give her a bath. She can walk, but she is slow and she doesn't always agree to go where I'm trying to get her to go. Fortunately, she's lost weight and only weighs 43lbs now.

My mother's little dog has been waking me up. He didn't follow her to her room the other night so he couldn't get in. He came to me and sat on my head and woke me up. I woke up with dog butthole on my forehead. LOL. So I took him to her room and went in to the bathroom to wash my face.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #2800
Rusty
Forum Junkie
GR_ADMIN.png

Gas at the local Walmart is $1.79. Have not seen it that low for a long time. Was over $2 a couple weeks back.

People Like This